Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My HP com has dieded

Hi. I received the HP Pavilion Tablet on 22 August 2007 (less than two weeks ago) and I am very unsatisfied with the product. It has been very unreliable, despite it being a new laptop.

First of all, I ordered the product via the student promotion for various reasons: good price, reasonable reviews and a delivery date of 13 August, which was before the start of the school term. Unfortunately, there was a delay in shipment and I was only able to collect it from 20 August. This nonetheless has interfered with my school term and brought me inconvenience as I had to borrow a laptop from a friend for a time being.

Worst of all, I have been experiencing a lot of problems with it. This includes sudden closure of my applications such as Windows Media Player, Windows unable to start (but did after I off and on the laptop again), the blue screen popped up once during usage and also sometimes long loading or shutting down time. There was once where I waited for the laptop for about 15 minutes to shut down but it didn’t. The screen was black but the laptop was still running (with the button lights still on). There have also been requests for the system to check one of the disks for consistency. I don’t know whether this is a problem with the Vista interface or perhaps the compatibility of your product with Windows Vista or the product itself.

Currently, I am unable to start Windows. Upon switching on the laptop, I face a screen which tells me that Windows is unable to launch. I have tried the Startup Repairs a couple of times, but it does not work. I called your HP Customer Careline today and requested for a pickup. They say that they can only pick it up tomorrow and it will take about 7 to 9 days for me to get it back.

I have no choice but to use my more than 3 years old IBM laptop to support this uncalled for interim period. It’s really a big disappointment after switching to buying HP upon hearing good comments of your products from my mum who is a HP user. Another reason for my this purchase was the reputable customer support. Is it true?? I hope so … I would therefore urge your organisation to look into my problems urgently since this is my final year in the university.

Looking forward to my “brand new” laptop back with all problems rectified soonest possible to facilitate all my pending projects.

Thank You.

-letter written by me, edited by mum-

No comments: