Monday, August 06, 2007

I bought a new lappie! well.. not really.. just paid the deposit cuz it's not in stock yet. just hope it comes soon. I dunno about you guys, but my ibm has become really really slow!!! It managed to survive St Gallen's pace of life during the past term, but i really doubt it can here. i have no idea why it's so jialat, but my mum and sis got frustrated using it and thus i got the budget and approval to look for another one! heh. I'm just glad i managed to find a cheap deal: $1499 cuz of some student promotion. The perks of being a student :) ..... one more year to enjoy it!

I was at first considering the macbook student promo (especially since i just lost my 1 year old ipod *grumble*) but i suppose this lappie offered a price and specs that i couldn't resist. Not to mention that i'm only gonna use it for another year and probably gonna be a spare home computer so it has to be one that everybody can use. so anyway.. yippee!

Moving on.. had a great dinner with my parents recently, grilled western food! It was in our garden with nice cool breeze. Sometimes i really do love my home environment - I think it's the perfect cosy restaurant. Was joking with my parents that we should start a one table per night dinner restaurant at our place, no need to pay rental. heh.

Menu: salad, grilled prawns and chicken, nice warm soft and crunchy bread, red wine..... and ended off with ice cream and peppermint tea! all in the comforts of my home... jealous? hee

About today...
nothin much actually, just went for dance... and i really lack stamina. Was kinda panting just after one run through.. pathetic. Not really sure whether I'll be performing the item though.. things seem to be a bit messy, but i'm just glad to be back dancing. I can't help wishing that i've been around to learn or the new items with the rest of the girls.. but we can't have everything right? At least this is a lot less stressful. heh.

Zhimin and I bumped into 2 students from St Gallen today. Kinda cool, especially since both of them were my classmates last term. zm says that somehow he feels 'more at home' after seeing them and misses the german accent. lol. aiyoh... that boy is ready to migrate there already. I suppose it's true to a certain extent... glad to see them.. but home is home. :P Anyway, pity the exchange students coming this term. Housing rental is sooooo high now.... definitely affect budget. They got a river valley apartment for $2600 a month I think. I'm quite sure it was probably $2000 or less for last term's students. Then again, that probably won't really affect students coming from Europe in general.. just the Asian students. tsk tsk... unfair world :P

No comments: