Monday, August 21, 2006

First day of school

School has finally started for us SMU students, so no more doing nothin but slacking at home or dancing.

I realised that after having a 4 month long holiday, going to school on the first day of the term somehow feels like the first day of my freshmen year. Sporting a slight cough and sniffing the whole day, it really reminded me of my first day 2 years ago. It puts you in a non-conversational mood, which isn't really good for a first day. Walking towards school this morning, I barely recognise the people around me. Unlike last year, where you walk a few steps and you end up meeting someone you know . The whole of today, I easily did not recognise more than half of the students I saw, making me feel even more out of place. I suppose that's inevitable; The campus has grown bigger, the junior cohort has grown in numbers, many of the seniors that you are familiar have graduated and many from my own batch are on exchange overseas.
This is when you realise that you are an oldie, not some lost freshmen. A third year. The point of time you start thinking of ways to graduate with decent grades instead of finding ways to get more involved in school. You would no longer gonna be excused for the little mistakes you make, and more is expected out of you. Crap. Time to grow up.

No comments: