Monday, March 21, 2011

our other half

what do you look for when searching for your other half?

A well educated better half?

the half that will comply to your needs and wants?

the half that is similar to you?

the above three combined will probably give you someone that is easy to manage.. but doesn't necessary mean that the person can give you happiness.

The better half possibly provides stability when it comes to income, provides a 'safer' future. But with incidents like the recent Japan earthquake happening or a simple mistake like a car accident, who really knows what will happen tomorrow?

The half that complies might not have a backbone of their own. might not be able to help correct your mistakes and help you improve.

The half that is similar to you brings about comfort level; the easy planning of day to day activities. the con.. maybe a lack of spice in the relationship.

So what is really important?

What is it that we really want in a relationship?

I realize that our wants change as we go through different phases in our lives, or even, because of experience from past relationships.

And here's my take from past relationships:

Someone who listens to you.

Someone that you would like to listen to.

Someone who you respect

Someone who respects you back

Someone that is willing to experience change with you.

Someone that is willing to think "there is more to this world than what i know, let's discover it together"

Someone who believes in change for the better

Someone who understand why we worry.

Someone who also worries for you.

Someone who is there to support you when you need it most.

Someone that you want to be there to return the support when he or she needs it most.

Someone who makes you laugh, whenever, whenever

Someone who you can have fun with!

and most importantly, someone who wants to communicate to you and vice versa, someone you want to communicate all day with.

I can't say that I do know what i want. but that's what i'm looking for right now.

I do question if the above will enable me to be prepared for the uncontrollable factors every city bred 'kid' might face one day in their life: The financial strains, the unexpected health problems, the disapproval from family and friends.


you know my fears. and i long for you to talk to me about it instead of just waiting for me to say something, to vent my frustration or to break down. i long for you to come to me and just talk to me, to ask me how i'm doing... cuz i'm simply not strong enough. i know you think that i'm overthinking, or getting influenced by others.. but just humor me? I come as a package, and the constant insecurity, doubt comes with it.

No comments: