Monday, February 12, 2007

a fruitful sunday

It has been a long long day... but a good one i guess :)

We had an event today at DE, some valentine's day couple cooking competition. When i first heard of this event, i expected it to draw the neighbourhood aunties. But i was pretty wrong. I think there was a very interesting mix of contestants. A mother and daughter both joined the competition with their other halves. Sooo sweeet. hee. The mother is daaaammmn young lah.. 36? and she has 8 kids. piang. But they were damn cute, very supportive throughout. I luuurrrvvee the youngest one! she's so pretty and cute.. always looking so blur. There was a British guy & Singaporean Chinese wife, another young malay couple, and the rest were 20 sth chinese couples (including prcs). One thing i realised during the process was that it was mainly the guys who were cooking, and not the girls! haha.. the new generation of couples! *yippee* I love the idea that guys can cook these days.. hee.. so i can nua. *grins* But i guess i will still definitely want to cook really great dishes for my other half :D

Anyway, the mother with 8 children won, very happy for her. Unfortunately, because of our irritating lying co-organiser, who kept reducing his prosmised prices last minute, the prices weren't that great. At least she had a fun time :)
But seriously, i don't understand how these kind of pple can exist and have the guts to organise events. grrr.

I was pretty much the event photographer today. *chuckle* yes me... me and my horrible photog skills. Well, the company owns a horrendous camera, so i figured i should just use mine and practice a little.. hardly get the chance to use it. Nobody gives me credit for it anyway. bleah (recalls Latin feste) .

After the event, zm and i went ecp to blade! I haven't blade for a zillion years since he bought me the blades, and the beginning was so terrible!!! Didn't even know how to move my legs. *sulk* Luckily, I kinda got a better hang of it after a loooonng while. hee. Thanks for your patience darling :P

oh.. and the sunset was great. i love the sky today lots lots lots. like a drawing. A huge one.. since there were very little clouds. The planes were circling.. lots of boats (i mean ships :P).. i like!

All in all.. i think it was a tiring but great day. Good enough to put me in a blogging mood finally! :)

No comments: