Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Weddings

It's fun to do wedding stuff. Like choosing where to get your wedding gowns, deciding the theme of it, looking at wedding magazines, going to wedding shops. White is a beautiful colour, and it makes shopping pleasant.

No worries, I'm not planning to get married yet :)

My sister is ROMing early next month, and I sort of been helping out with minor arrangements. It will be in our house, in the garden. We got some guy to help do the decor. He has shown some promising stuff in his photos, but at the same time, I don't trust him in certain factors. Like he doesn't give the wedding image. I just hope he does a good job. haha. Anyway, the theme for the day is lilac. It's gonna be all lilac flowers. yippee! Not that i like lilac, but i still think it's better than pink! *grins* I went to a some internet bride forum the other day, and it's facinating! It's where all the kan cheong brides-to-be gather to seek advice and contacts from each other. Some talk about their nerves, some fret about the big dinner they are planning, plenty are looking for shops with good ROM dresses. I found a pretty wedding ring pillow at the site and actually met the lady in tanjong pagar mrt to buy it from her! haha. I got ideas on how to write a proper wedding invitation from there too.

It's been fun. Yet i cannot imagine myself having to plan for my wedding for one whole year. Most people have their weddings about a year after their solemnisation. I think that's weird. It's like postponing the celebration of a big event. I think it throws away the kick or the high you get from being a MRS. I also don't like the fact that there are some stigmas or 'proper procedures' to weddings. Like my sister had to get a nice glam dress just for her ROM. I want mine to be nice, casual, maybe cutesy. haha. It has to be comfortable, not just another glam dress to don on. The stoopid wedding guy doesn't approve of such a notion though. But this is the practical Singapore way, and I won't be surprised that I might end up following them in future.

Anyway, below is the invitation I made for my sis for her ROM. She insisted on suzy zoo. :P

No comments: